Monday 27 June 2022

THE OASIS HAS COLLAPSED

    Like every dream this is also over, you wake up in the morning and find yourself alone and sad, the house of cards with all my oasis has collapsed.
  One day, while we were happily strolling in the garden of the new oasis built on the ruins of the old one, a man with an anonymous but quite convincing appearance showed up, essentially talks  my queen, and show him the wealth that he could will have with the extraction of opals from our mines, this man named Stones, and certainly a miner who came from who knows where, for seek his fortune.
     She was dazzled by the prospect of sudden wealth, as if she didn't was enough for him she was the queen of the oasis and the Emir's companion, and indeed she spent her time at our newspaper, though she often excluded me from any decision about articles, but everything was fine the newspaper was selling and certainly producing a profit.
LADY SAFINA
     Meanwhile, I had made contact with the city of Cartassa where I  lived for a long time, to get back my role as Magistrate, I wanted to resume my old job, the life of the oasis bored me, I no longer had any interest in participating in daily life.
    In the meantime the man called Stones began his work in the mines while the woman followed him in his research, I actively participated in the life of the oasis of Cartassa. One evening I entered the cafe, there was Lady Safina and her daughter Lotie, they were discussing with a man who looked like the miner Stones, but it was not him, in the half light I had exchanged him for the other, he was instead a passing slaver who wanted to buy the little Lotie daughter of Safina to make her his partner, but surely. 'he would enslave and sell to who knows who. I did not intervene, I did not know the situation well, and in the meantime Bryjana also arrived and scolded me loudly for having confused the man.
    So it was that she took all her things and moved to the new oasis, giving it a rather bizarre name '' oasis of opals '', I with my caravan, and with my trusted men returned to Cartassa asking for hospitality to Lady Safina who in agreement with the Pasha, she assign myself a house near that of Lady Jinny, who has also returned to the oasis after a lot of traveling.
CARTASSA-DESERT OASIS
    The next day I met the Pasha in the main street who accused me of having had contact with the slaveholder who wanted to kidnap Leotia, I confirmed that I was unaware of that matter and that Leotia's uncle in my presence had arrested the man, even if in the night someone made him flee.
  Having cleared up the misunderstanding, I started living in the oasis moving between the houses trying to memorize the streets and squares. I started to have contacts with the population, which I hope will soon become friends.
  About the queen who became ... she lives in the new oasis of the Opals, surrounded by her friends and by some of her trusts, .. there is nothing more to say for now we will see how the story will evolve


No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...