Wednesday 22 November 2023

NEW DAY

 

 

    I wander around the lonely Oasis. I try to memorize every corner of the city and the island, Lucy isn't there yet, perhaps she sleeps in her rooms, and as I always did in the Northern village I love walking in the morning looking for a quiet corner where I can sit and admire the beauties of nature. The first birds are already flying among the trees, some very colorful parrots are on the still branches observing me, some little monkeys jump noisily on the branches with their cries, everything around is in bloom and the bushes are so green after the brief rain of the night.

      It is not difficult in the early morning to meet someone who goes into the forest to collect coconuts or scented flowers, some women at the stream kneeling on the bank beat their clothes and I silently pass by, some recognize me and greet me with respect, but I don't want to disturb them from their beautiful work as housewives.

      Having climbed a small slope, I look back, in the distance towards the palace and scan the windows where the beautiful Lucy will surely be with her maids preparing for the morning walk in the large garden, but I see nothing else, only a wisp of smoke rising high from the kitchens, the women are already preparing lunch and dinner for the day.

      I emerge from the thicket of palm trees onto a small beach by the sea, beautiful and isolated, I don't think anyone ever comes here, in fact I tell the guards to bring some chairs so I can rest and admire the sunrise when I go out in the morning for my usual walk.

   A wonderful thing just far from the beach, two dolphins play chasing each other in the water, their jumps resemble the dances of the palace dancers, behind the small cliff you can glimpse the ships outside the port waiting their turn to enter and unload the goods .

    Finally I find a small rock and I sit down, I take off my sandals and I put my feet in the still cold water of the night, and I look at the Sun which, coming out like a yellow ball of fire, spreads its rays, I look far away towards that Sun, and the my thoughts run far away, it is not long since I left the village of Hammersgaard, the beautiful Nani sir Erik and all the other Vikings who have given me their hospitality and friendship over the years, it was not easy to separate from them, but my place and here in the Oasis, now that no one from my family lives anymore, except my sisters and my parents who adopted me by taking me to the North in the village of Finnur Fjiord, but I haven't seen them for many years now, even if the love for they never end.
 

   Lucy told me that she loves me so much. I also can't help but think of her, and soon I hope to be able to take her to the Temple for the Ceremony, and who knows maybe one day I will have children with her-






No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...