Sunday 17 December 2023

 WEDDING IN THENTIS


    I have been living in my oasis for too long, nothing special has happened lately, only the arrival of the slave Lola who I had met on my travels, but she also left with her master, then nothing important, some time ago some people arrived. Pani builders, they stopped in the oasis and I commissioned them to build a house near the beach in Pani style, and I must say they did a good job.

   The other day a message arrived from a slave of Lady Sabayna, she lives in the city of Isfahan, she announced Lady Monica's marriage to Sir Euronymous, I don't remember this man, when I lived in Thentis he wasn't there, attached to the message was the invitation to participate in the ceremony, and after consulting with my elders, together with the Commander of the guards, I decided to accept, I wanted to, I wanted to see my old city again, where I had been a Magistrate, I lived there with lady Brjianna my companion, later I run away with an Opal hunter.

   Of course the journey was long, so I decided to take a tarn and fly to the coast on the Worsk river, from there I would cross the river and go up the Olni river passing through the city continuing to the city of Sais, up to Thentis, it wasn't at all the journey was easy, I had forgotten the effort of flying on the tarns, but in the end I arrived in Olni, bad news was waiting for me in the city, everyone was in mourning and I didn't know who had died until, in front of the stairs leading to the large gate, a guard told me that lady Lucy Bronet, the one who had been my teacher in the Scribe class together with lady Janette, had passed away, I don't know how or what had caused her death, I had seen her in the city of Geela at the wedding of Jovan the last time, everyone was sad, I thought there was no point in stopping, I would do it on the way back, I continued the journey.

     I arrived in Thentis, it was already evening, all the guests were already seated in their seats, a slave accompanied me to a bench at the end, I shared it with the Captain of the Thentis guard, Lady Monica meanwhile was at the end of the patio, nervously walking the future Comrade Sir Euronymous was late, and to my great surprise behind the altar as Officiant I recognized Lady Shaya, an old acquaintance of mine, she followed me to Port Victoria but then her brother called her back to complete her studies as a Scribe, she had a beautiful dress embroidered with gold thread, and she too was nervously fiddling with parcels and mugs


     The ceremony took place regularly, everything went well, in the end after the ritual greetings, we went to the tables set up outside the tavern for a small refreshment, I spoke with Monica about the past and the present and it all ended with the arrival of a sailor who he invited us to go to the port because the ship was leaving.
   I said goodbye to everyone and walked away with a hint of nostalgia, I had had a good time in that city, but my partner convinced me to build my own city, but then it fell miserably and she ran away.






darianeditor


No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...