Sunday 3 March 2024

 EN-KAR-NEW YEAR FAIR

 



     While I am in the oasis waiting for the day of departure for Sardasr and to participate in the new En-Kara fair or new year fair, I will be there to publicize my travel stories published in the Gorean newspaper Gazette of Gor, from a ship a messenger comes down bringing me a package from little Alika the farmer who often sends me supplies for my people, she recently tells me that she left for the nor and that she stopped in a tribe in the forest, but that immediately after writing the envelope which I will publish below in the original version, she tells me that she will leave with the caravan for Dardasr and that we will meet at the fair that will take place in the city of Teletus.

 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 


 My dearest Darian, friend and magistrate,
I hope this scroll reaches you safe and intact, for within its folds lies news that fills my heart with excitement. In a mere fortnight's time, I shall embark upon a journey of adventure and marvel to the legendary Sardar Fair this En'kara. As you are well aware, 'tis a gathering of merchants, warriors, entertainers, and dancers from far and wide across Gor, where the air hums with the rhythm of revelry and the scent of exotic spices hangs heavy upon the breeze.

The path ahead may not be without its challenges. My route shall inevitably wind through the great northern forest that lies to the east of Helmutsport. I hope to find fellow travellers bound for the fair and join their caravan, for 'tis said that safety in numbers prevails against the Red Savages and brigands that roam the lands eastward.



But oh, how my spirit yearns for the chance to wander once more amidst the tented camps and bustling thoroughfares of Sardar, to lose myself in the spectacle of the events and the enchantment of the dancing performances. Yet amidst the revelry, I shall bring along my handpan – a musical percussion instrument that has recently captured my fancy.

I dare to dream that you, too, will make pilgrimage once more to En'kara, that our paths may cross again beneath the banners of the fair. Oh, what joy it would bring to share tales of our adventures since we last met, to revel in the warmth of companionship amidst the merry throng.

So I beseech thee, dear Darian, do not dismiss this missive as mere words upon a page, but as a heartfelt entreaty from one soul to another. Let us seize this opportunity to forge new memories and strengthen the bond of friendship between us.

Once I complete this message, I shall make my way to the heart of Helmutsport and engage the services of a traveling scribe journeying southward, who will carry with him the news of my impending adventure.

Until we meet again amidst the splendor of Sardar, may the road ahead be lined with blessings and joy, and may our friendship endure through all the trials and triumphs that lie ahead.
With fondest regards and boundless anticipation,
Alika

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...