Friday 29 July 2022

SHAYLA


 The return to the city of Thentis, from my oasis, was happy but with a very long journey ... sailing the Thassa sea to the mouth of the Olni river, and then finally arriving at my old city, where before I was  Magistrate, and I had my own Scribe apprentice class.
   I left with Bryana, my pupil and protégé, who would become my partner, I wanted to introduce her to my Oasis of the Seven Palms, where I was Emir and introduce her to my people, but after a happy marriage, she dedicated herself, body and soul at the newspaper, I was editor-in-chief but then in reality it had become her only commitment, then seeing that the love was over, I left the Oasis to return first to Cartassa and then to Thentis.
   Nothing has changed when I arrived at the port, everything was familiar to me, the quay the distant mountains and the fortified city, on the hill that supported the port.
    Returning home after a long time and always exciting, I hoped that everything would return as before, even if there had been some small misunderstandings, for having me as a candidate to become an administrator, after the old man had left for the North.
    After passing the main door, some guards greeted me with affection, they recognized me, before introducing myself to the palace of the Scribes I decided to stop at the Inn, the one that travelers usually use, on the terrace to the right, there are not stairs but a long and semicircular walkway leading above, trying to maintain balance was very narrow, I managed to climb without damage.
 
   She visibly embarrassed for letting me know about her private problem, however I promised to help her 
 

    To my great surprise sitting at the cushions around the table at the back there was a woman with her bodyguard, as usual I politely greeted the woman and her guard, then I introduced myself declaring who I was, they were certainly new citizens they could not know me.
    The woman who wore a green dress certainly of the healer caste, which we call Physician, stands up as the law wants in front of a noble of high caste like I am, being Scribe and Magistrate, she also introduces herself by saying that she is lady Shayla Crannock, Physician apprentice, lived protected by her brother who was a member of the Green caste, and a Physician official of the city, she told me that she followed the lessons in the infirmary.   I reminded her that in order to exercise the law of the planet he obliges women to having two children before becoming healers.
   She told me that she knew well, but that for now she was willing to learn, then she would also think about her children and family.  She told me that she had already taken courses for Scribe on Campus and as a lawyer, and that if I needed help I could count on her.
 


The guard who had been silent all the time showed up with a grunt without my understanding his name, he told me about an alleged assault by a free man against Lady Monica, but who could not stop that one man because the city administrator had already dismissed him of all charges.
  He was visibly nervous and irritated by him, He said women are sacred, forgetting that women on the planet are free as long as the man decides, but I didn't pay him much attention because I admired the beautiful Shayla despite her veil, deep eyes could be seen and bright, they seemed to smile, I noticed that she was visibly excited and shy, talking to an unknown Magistrate, imposing like me, who are very tall compared to her.

    At one point the guard was called to the gate and the beautiful Shayla I confess that he wanted her as a companion, he had asked him to be able to court her, but she did not want to engage with anyone yet, she just wanted to study, and asked me if I could help her , but I replied that I had just arrived I had no assignments and first of all I did not want to make enemies, especially warriors, who in the night could stab you in the darkness of some street.

   She visibly embarrassed for letting me know about her private problem, however I promised to help her .. looking for a kind way to persuade the guard to desist from continuing to court her, I hope she comes to my office, she promised me to tell me about her life and help me sort out the various scrolls that I always carry around .......... continue

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...