Monday 1 May 2023

TRIP TO THE CITY OF TELNUS


     ** ISLE OF COS - CITY OF TELNUS **
         region imperial world


      Here I am still travelling, after having visited the new city under construction of Turmus, I returned to the Desert to the city of Klima, where I had opened my headquarters of the Goreani Gazettes, finally I could rest, while I was as usual on a walkway observing the caravans arriving, I was pleased to see my merchant friend Lady Alika in the crowd, I rushed to say hello, I hadn't seen her for some time, we were happy to meet and spent the morning in the tea room, reminiscing about times gone by, it was then that she told me about a city in the Archipelago of Cos, which is called Telnus, I lived in the archipelago but in the village of Degalbi, a village of peasants dedicated to agriculture and mainly to the production of wine, very famous throughout the Planet for its goodness.

     Telnus told me it was a beautiful island with its houses perched on the mountain, but surrounded by white sandy beaches, I was very curious to know this part of the archipelago that I didn't know, and I asked Alika to tell me more about its location, who they were their Ubars and commanders, she told me about their trade and the great port at the foot of the mountain, and I made notes, then told me that I had heard that there would be a Roc tournament, a new card game, based on the game of the ''lonely'' planet earth, this game was invented by sir Toran.Thais, the creator of the game ''Zare and Kaissa'' then it was remade and improved by sir Zane Kante, who promotes it in Planet Gor, organizing tournaments, in cities, he explained to me that the game is played with cards that 

 represent real Gorean men, who fight for the glory of their city, or village, if he is a slave he plays for the glory of his Master, usually the battles are fought between North and South, in cards as the culture of Gor wants, like the old battles represented in paintings or written in books, with sword and bow, and as usual the slaves are very good at this game, but lately even free men are rediscovering beauty and antagonism.

  the game is called ''caste rank'' known as ''ROC'' created in memory of well known lady Rockin Babbi, gem of Fina smiles.

Sir Zane says this is the first major tournament in Telnus but there will be more soon, and soon (4th May I believe) there will be another ROC tournament, and there will be a purse of **3K-2K-1K-500, from 1st to 4th we have the black board, we hope many participate, and true many are used to sword tournaments in the arena but this too is fun and there is no bloodshed.

     We left together Alika and I and after a long and tiring journey we arrived in sight of the Islands. but a storm blocked us in the sea, lightning thunder and strong rough sea, when we finally arrived at the port, we went down trying to reach the beach of the tournament, but by now it was over, I will try to write more about this interesting game, and while Alika was returning to the ship for his goods I walked towards the secondary entrance that leads from the beach to the city, naturally climbing the long stairs to the beautiful square of the tavern, with a breathtaking view, we were at sunset and the sun plunged into the sea on the horizon, the white houses turned red at that sunset and the first lamps lit up on the tables and in the streets of the city.
     The maidservants told me that L'ubara was Lady Adara Sciarri, a familiar name I may already have known. and I promised myself to meet her the next day to have the possibility of stopping for some time working in the city



No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...