Tuesday 19 September 2023

THE DREAM HAS COME TRUE
Ceremony in Geela


     Already from the early hours of dawn the guests arrived at the port, a delegation was there to welcome them, the festively decorated city of Geela sparkled with golden banners and garlands of white flowers along the streets up to the temple of ceremonies.
   
     I spent the morning walking around Geela, from one place to another checking everything, everything seemed perfect, I went to the tailor to pick up the dress he had made for me, looking at it it was beautiful white and gold with the blue belt band, I did it brought to my office I would have dressed there, I didn't want to enter the house that Takama had furnished and prepared for us, the seamstress told me that Takama had already collected hers and that she was certainly trying it on, after the tour I returned to my office and reread the company contract, I certainly hadn't written about my properties, but it was superfluous, Takama loved me and didn't have a Father who demanded a dowry, but I had told her about my Oasis of the Seven Palms, one day I would take her to that paradise to live happily with my people, but for now we would stay here and work, me as Chief Scribe and her as Baker until a new one came to take her place.

     The day before Takama had come to my office for documents to change her name to my El Darian, a formality but all the papers were ready and after the signatures I took them to lady Skylar the tatrix for her seal, much to my Surprised she told me that she wouldn't celebrate, but Sir Jovan, I was unprepared for that news but in the end Jovan would also be up to the task, he was still Tatrix's brother.

    In the evening I went to the temple well in advance, some guests were already seated, the candles were lit and the flowers perfumed the environment, the slaves were running from one place to another and the musicians were preparing their stage, we would have danced after the end of the ceremony , and the cutting of the cake, meanwhile the time was approaching, Jovan was already on the altar fiddling with bottles and rolls of parchment,
I stopped at the top of the stairs at the entrance under the columns and waited... after the room was filled with guests Takama finally arrived in her white dress embroidered with diamonds and white ribbons, she was finally here, I took her under my arm to my right and I took her to the altar, the ceremony was very emotional, the slaves were crying and applauding, Jovan was confident, I was a little less embarrassed but as you know, it's normal.

    Once the ceremony was over everyone applauded happily, we cut the cake and offered a piece to everyone, while the painters drew the scene, then the dancing began and continued throughout the night, in the end tired we retired to our new home, tired but happy, finally I had seen Takama without a veil and I had been able to kiss her on the lips.

     We postponed what would have been our new life until the next day.






orlandodarianeditor

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...