Monday 14 February 2022

THE PAINTER AND THE WHALE-epilogue

 

What can I say, after so many screams and so many discussions, the story of the painter has now come to an end.
   Everyone in the city rallied around the judge and the slaver who, in my opinion, supplies the entire city with male and female slaves, and certainly a powerful man, I tried to clarify things, but now what has been has been, d 'on the other hand, there was no stance on the part of the painter, who silently underwent her punishment, if not with
some mild protest.
    I published my article on time, exposing the facts, reporting what I think would have been the solution, but I don't think anyone will take my words into consideration, or want to go further, so in the meantime the whale that polluted the sea and consequently the bathrooms, torn into a thousand pieces and definitively disappeared, without a trace, by now it is a closed deal for everyone, I don't think anyone wants to reopen the question again.
  As for me, I returned to my Oasis, where I am the prince and took the right decisions for my people in hand, Brjiana willingly followed me too, tired of that dreary indefinite city, with immense stairs that went up and down without giving a trace of what was the true composition of the same.
   Returning to the oasis, I found no news of my brother Orlando, the eldest son and heir to the kingdom of our Father now dead, but I found messengers from the north, an old Viking friend of ours, inviting us to the ceremony of the birth of his first child, ceremony that takes place in the water under a waterfall, so I remember it was, but I'm not sure, I will get further information, meanwhile, after a few days I ordered the Commander of my ship to prepare for departure towards the great gulf of the North by sailing on Thassa, making stop at the island of Cos to stock up on some barrels of good wine, the best on the planet, we would have brought it as a gift to our Viking friends, Lady Nani the pregnant woman would have been happy, she would have given it to her father.
   We arrived in the evening. the bitter cold cut the face, and the fog enveloped the port, our friends were waiting for us at the dock, after the greetings and hugs with the belly of Nani in full view we headed towards the big house, used by the Vikings as an inn. as a meeting place for citizens, on the wall at the back of the room there are large chairs with skins that act as thrones for the Jarl the companion, the elderly chief.
    I had already been to the North many times, but always for work
or trade, while Brjiana was born and lived her father a great Jarl and her mother were killed during a raid, she put on a ship and lost her memory falling into the water in a storm , and a Pirate who saved her to Thentis where I worked as a Magistrate, I mentored him first and then as teacher in a class for scribe.
    We were greeted with evident suspicion by some old citizen, there is always North South antagonism, then we all melted in that warm warmth of the fireplace where the smell of stew filled the room, while on the walls barrels of Paga and Mead, and furs hung or placed in corners, for compliant keys. after having refreshed ourselves by telling those present about our adventures and inviting everyone on a next trip to visit us at our Oasis of the Seven Palms.
  At the end of the evening we retired to a hut, made available to guests waiting for the great ceremony of the birth of the child in the water ...... continue
darian el nairad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...