Tuesday 13 September 2022

LIFE IN VICTORIA
 
 

 

                                          FAHIMA

    A lot of things happened, many of them quite hard, the innkeeper Sir Ulir, chased away from the wharf in front of his inn, a foreigner who was having intimate relations with a slave girl, and on the Planet it is not allowed, first I advised the man to go to some hidden garden, then having no answer he called the guards who arrested the man who was then released and chased out of the city
   As usual I live in Victoria always looking for a decent job, suitable for a Scribe, but the competition is ruthless, so many Scribes and so many Magistrates, crowding the palace in an impressive comings and goings.
 

 

sir TIMMER

  The other day a notice was posted outside the palace for voting for the chief Scribe, and I, being an old Scribe and a magistrate and lawyer, decided to take part in it by registering myself on the list. There were only three of us, but I don't think anyone will ever give me their vote as I am unknown to many, even though my stories in the newspaper are read widely by citizens.
Along with me on the list is a lady magistrate who comes and goes from the city because some merchants say they have seen her in other cities at work.
   In the meantime, the new praetor, Magistrate Ulisses, and the new chief magistrate, a lady whose name I can never remember because it is very complicated for me, being from the south and speaking a different dialect, I had also asked to work as a magistrate but I don't think they will ever do it.
   


      You want to know about little Fahima, well you remember I had sent a message to sit Timmer the kaissa player, telling him that I would buy his slave that he was neglecting for his travels around the Planet for the gaming tournaments, the slave when I met her outside the inn sweeping the floor heard the news his eyes sparkled, we know well that slaves cannot express feelings of any kind.
   Finally I got the answer he told me he would soon arrive with his ship in Victoria and we would do the deal.
    Yesterday while I was sitting quietly at the harbour inn for my usual vinonero, I saw his unmistakable ship arrive, and I waited for him, after a while I saw one of his guards approaching, he told me that soon his lord would come down and he would speak to me.
  

lady ZONTE COMPANIONSHIP IN CARTASSA

   He was a man of few words, he told me that we had mutual friends and that he would soon be leaving, and he was happy that his fahima slave was in good hands, he assured me that the little one who had dark amber skin, surely an import from planet Earth, was a good and faithful girl who kept his house clean and served him diligently.
   I bought her for two silver tarsk (silver plates) in turn he gave me all the necessary documents and medical examinations done by the little one, with the promise that when he returned to town the girl would keep his house in order.
  

 


 

 In the meantime I had placed an advertisement in which I was looking for a free woman for companionship, and the other day a skier at the harbour brought me a message from a Thentis merchant, a seller of very beautiful fabrics and clothes, she too was looking for a companion, I announced my visit to Thentis even though I had had a few disagreements with Lady Monica the administrator, after a short journey I reached her in her town, we stayed hours and hours talking to get to know each other, stipulating the promise to woo her and afterwards after the necessary period was over we will do the ceremony of companionship, but not before talking with my mother lady BB Arliss, for I hope she will be the one to celebrate.
    

 


 A serious fact today in the city a strong earthquake destroyed all the houses and buildings, I remembered the flood and destruction of the city of Svago, we fled to the island of Vagons, all the citizens camped out waiting for the builders to do their work and rebuild the city more beautiful than before.



Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...