Monday 10 April 2023

THE MISSING EMIR
THE RETURN OF ORLANDO

      I arrived in the city with a caravan, coming from Brundisium, I left my ship anchored in the port, my brother Darian sent me a message telling me that he had stopped in Klima and I could reach him, to finally meet him and spend some time together, then I would return to the north before winter, where I have lived for a long time with my family.
      
       My name and Orlando Arliss, Darian's older brother, as children we lived happily in our Oasis, until it was destroyed by the Marauders of the Thahari desert, slave girls hid us in some baskets until we were found by merchants from a caravan, and they took us to the city of Cartassa in the desert, there we were adopted by the beautiful Lady BB Arliss with her companion Sir MIth the builder, until the fall of Cartassa by the Combo tribe, or so I believe, we were small, she saved us from death, I take us to Korat in the Shendi region, until that city too was destroyed by the panthers who lived in the forest. we escaped again and embarked on a 
 Pirate ship, after many days of travel maybe a month, we reached the cold village of Windermeer, in the north of Gor for a few years, then the village of FinnurFjord where we stayed until we were grown up and in the age of the studio we were separated, I was sent to the city of Olni, on the homonymous river, while Darian was sent to the city of Falsworth, both to study, I was the older brother, he finished his studies on campus and moved to port Kar, while he studied stopping at the city of Olni for a long time.

     Our paths then divided never to cross each other again, but always looking for each other, until after so many vicissitudes and many cities visited, he conquered a small island in the south of Thassa where he refounded our Oasis of the Seven Palms.

     Occasionally pirates from the south would hear from him but I was happy in the north and let him live his life, I later learned that the Oasis had fallen into the hands of a woman and an opal-seeking adventurer, the island had a rich deposit, and they sent him into exile.

    He wrote me that because of that woman he was often banished from the cities he visited, until he sent for me to live with him in Klima.

       Arrived in the city I found it deserted, there was no trace of Darian, I asked around but few knew him, some told me that they often saw him around the city alone and sad, until a salt seller in the market told me that he had talked to him and had confided in him the possibility of returning to the North, in a village called Hammersgaard, I had heard of this village but they were not Goreans but Vikings, I was rather annoyed, days and days of travel for nothing I still found myself once chasing my handsome but unfortunate brother.

      I just made time to catch up with a caravan going to the coast, they were citizens of Lydius returning to their city after being in the market, from there I would go to Brundisium and get back to my ship and return to Finnur to our mother, but I hope that I and I Darian we will meet sooner or later, even if Gor is big. but my hope is always alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...