Wednesday 19 July 2023

DARA DARIAN'S DAUGHTER


 


   Sometimes life reserves us beautiful opportunities and surprises, returning to Geela from the oasis of Isfahan, I had gone to a fair of the
Oasis, I was thinking of displaying my newspaper rack but I didn't get the authorisation, I had already put my rack in the landing Oasis once before, then for incomprehensible reasons they removed it and sent it back.

   Life went by in Geela, everything was as I had left it, I resumed my work and spoke to lady Sky, about her work and the possibility of having a room to furnish as a classroom for any Scribe apprentices, she told me to use my large office for now, he would put more chairs and small tables for writing, i spoke to sir Jovan, met him at the door of the new INN, together with a newcomer sir Taka, a fine Gorean, with Scribe lady Joy, and lady ,,,,,,,,,
  I told him about the fair in Turmus where we had exhibited the Geela Stall, and about the success we had.

   Meanwhile, a pirate ship arrives at the port, curiosity prompted me to go towards the docks, every time it is a grea happiness to see the people arriving and the goods they unload, together with the travelers there was a young woman accompanied by a Pirate in search of the building of the Scribes, a guard warned me, I told him to bring them to my office, curious to know what they were looking for.
 


    When he asked for permission to introduce them I noticed something familiar in that girl, decently dressed without any caste badge, the Pirate after having said goodbye saying he was available on his ship, I didn't understand why, and what he meant, meantime I did accommodate the girl, she looked at me in silence with shining and happy eyes, tell me what's the matter, I said to him as I scrutinized her from head to toe, she, after breathing a sigh of relief, took a parchment from her belt, told me that the mother had entrusted the parchment to the pirate when she was sold as a slave, I toke it across the desk, I took it carefully, it was no longer so new and clean, you could notice the signs of time, but the writing was visible and I started reading.
 
   The document stated that the girl was Harmony's daughter,  you all  maybe remember my beloved harmony, which I thought was lost, perhaps she ran away with the waiting child, she gave him the name Daria, in memory of her love Darian, a tear fell from my eyes , thinking of that woman who I thought had betrayed me, instead captured by raiders outside the oasis while she was at the pond and carried away, to then be sold into slavery at the port of Brundisium, while the newborn child was adopted by the family of the commander of the ship, he raised her with his daughters,. now you sisters have grown up, the father now old and always on the seas, could no longer deal with the protection of the girls, so he thought it best to send Dara to me with the documents attesting to his paternity, which I will investigate further with an examination by part of the DNA healer to determine it.
   

  Dara sitting opposite was visibly awkward on that blue velvet chair and looked around admiring the paintings and tapestries, I asked him what he wanted to do and what I could do for her, he told me that she always felt like the pirate's daughter, because he raised her with love and education treating her as if she were his own daughter and that she would be happy if she and her stepsisters could be protected by me and live in the city of Geela, study and work, with much love from me.
Certainly it is not easy all of a sudden to find that which for years I considered lost, and which I had searched for all over the planet, a little girl whom I saw growing up in her mother's belly day by day, and now here she is a woman, with the paternal instinct repressed for many years I got up I hugged that girl, telling her that she would always be by my side and work with me in the office and the sisters could come quietly under my protection and live in my big house ..
continues.....

.orlandodarianarliss-editor

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...