Sunday 21 April 2024

 ARRIVAL AT THE NEW OASIS OF TASHID


     Now the Spring fairs were behind us, after the success of the newspaper at the An-Kara fair, with lady Sabayna, we headed to the village of Aros on the west coast, for a regional fair, where many northern villages exhibited their goods,

 I had a stand for my newspaper from Lady ZAna, the fair lasted a few days but I had promised myself to stay in that place to live until the end of autumn, but speaking with a passing merchant he told me that a new oasis had flourished in the Thahari desert, he then told me that the Pasha was none other than my old friend Umar Congo from the tribe that lived in the forest near the city of Cartassa, where I had lived with Safina lady Mae the healer who became the Pasha's companion giving him also many children, with lady Athena and the slave Yiyi, he also told me that many who escaped the destruction of Cartassa and the Silverstone oasis, were putting up their tents at the oasis.

     The memory of Cartassa and the old days when I courted Lady Jinny, of my friend Finthor nephew of Lady BB Arliss the woman who had adopted me, Lady Safina with Sir Bernhard, and many other citizens, stimulates in me the desire to return to the south and return to live in the desert where I was born.

    Without having had time to say goodbye to Lady Ana and the other inhabitants of Aros, I boarded a ship leaving for Vonda, the first one I found available, and after some time we arrived at that port, I had never been to that beautiful city, even if one of my Scribe teachers was a native of the place, I got off the ship waiting for some other ship to Brundisium or Shendi, then I would join some caravan headed to the desert oases.   Vonda was a beautiful city with high walls and large towers for the castes and a whole swarm of hard-working people in the streets, and a beautiful garden immediately after the entrance gate, there I was lucky to meet the Praetor who showed me the city and the tower of the Scribes, I was perplexed when I heard that the head of the caste was Lady Firelly, I have already spoken about her, we met in other cities where she was often at the top of the caste while I as a magistrate begged for a job, this was one of the


 reasons why I left the cities where I met her, however I promised myself to wait for the Ubar, to talk to him and understand if I could open an office for my newspaper, but he was traveling, I didn't arrive and in the meantime a Pirate ship headed to Shendi was departing, I boarded.    The journey was long and tiring, even though it was spring the sea was often battered by cold winds coming from the north, in the end I landed in Dazi, in the large market I met a merchant who was organizing a caravan, first for the Oasis of the Two Scimitars and then for the Oasis of the Four Palms. eventually he would pass through Tashid Oasis.

   

    It wasn't a walk in the park, but I had the opportunity to stop at those Oases, the largest in the desert and have the opportunity to advertise my newspaper, then finally we arrived at the new Oasis. It was not yet well defined, still many tents and houses under construction, I crossed what would become the main square with the market, and stopped at the large tent where everyone in a circle was sitting on soft cushions, I immediately recognized Sir Congo Rashid Umar the Pasha , lady Mae, and a young high majesty who they introduced as the Vizier Sir Yusud. Asad Jab Umar Congo their son, and a beautiful lady named Lienyah Kozlowsky, said she was a granddaughter of Mae. we spoke of the old times of the stories that the young they didn't know, then finally the time came to retreat to the tent set up by my slaves, we would later talk about my desire to stay with them and open a newspaper office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GREAT CITY OF VARN Much has changed since I left to reach the North in search of my mother Lady BB Arliss, and as in the rest of the pla...