Saturday 11 February 2023

 


 LATEST ADVENTURES OF THE EMIR

 


 

Many events have happened lately, the beautiful Nani, do you remember the Panther who worked in the tavern in Hammersgaard for love of Eric the tavern keeper?, she sent me a message, with a merchant from the North, she tells me that the new village has been rebuilt in new land, safer, protected by high mountains, the village overlooks a small gulf so it becomes difficult to attack it, he tells me that at the port sir Derek a great warrior watches day and night who comes and who goes, with his men.
 

 He also told me that Tania the other Panther is fine and she too helped in the reconstruction, and my house will soon be ready, they always keep my house ready.
  

 I admire those women who stop at nothing, even when all seems lost, they start over and live by hunting and fighting for their lives and their freedom.
   

 I think that as soon as spring arrives and the snows in the North melt, I will organize a trip to that new village and celebrate the Spring Solstice with them.
  

 In the city of Venna where I currently live, events change quickly, they come from everywhere, you know when word of a new great opportunity spreads, everyone tries to grab their own space to demonstrate that they are great.
    

  The other day a large ship arrived in the port, everyone ran curious, I too walked slowly as usual towards the gate, from that ship a delegation from the great city of Brundisium got off, I know I have been there a few times from my travels, for that it is a large port of connection between the North and the South and the arrival point of the ships that descend the Vosk river, from there with the caravans I ventured first into the Scendi forest to then cross the Thahari desert and arrive at my Cartassa.

   I have always loved as I loved the citizens, Lady Safina, Lady Mae, her daughter, Sir Bernhard my chaste leader, my brother Finthor, the fair, and the fair slaves Athena, and YiYi, and the fair lady Jinny, whom I have always loved and who became my companion for some time before the city fell and we each escaped to different destinations, then I met her in the city of Victoria but after a few days she left, texting me, saying she lived in Victoria nna, and I joined her but also from here she left for a new destination, for a better job and I stayed here alone.
   
  Even though the city is very large with many inhabitants, it is difficult for me, coming from the north, to integrate with their laws and their way of doing things, and after a few minor mishaps at work I decided to move to the lakeside residence and relax and take a proper decision on what to do, I am thinking of returning to my Oasis of the seven palm trees, I would like to find my people and my friends and the people who love me, now here in the city there are two other magistrates, indeed a Magistrate and a Chief Magistrate appointed from sir Argos, and guess who it is....and the Magistrate who landed on the big ship, with the Brundisium delegation, came for a military alliance, and now has deserted, has taken Venna citizenship and the Scribe chief caste, his friend appointed him in turn head of the Magistrates......
  

 Now I'm here I look at the lake sparkling in the morning sun I look at the geese and swans gliding lightly on the water and the fish jumping far away....
    Darianelnairad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...