Thursday 9 February 2023

 

 

I have been in the city of Venna for a long time now, after the fall of Victoria, I visited some cities where presumably I could find my slave Fahima kidnapped by sir Timmer the player of the Tsar, they told me during the trip that some merchants had seen him in port Nykus a city rebuilt by many citizens of Victoria, who slowly restored it to its former glory, but if they had brought down Victoria how could they revive another? mystery.
    Arriving in that quite beautiful and well-built city with a nice port, I met old Lielar, whom I had met in a tavern. and he told me that there was going to be the Kajiras dance festival, and I advise you to wait for a Hand to attend and maybe who knows, maybe I would even meet the criminal thief and my slave girl whom I had paid two piastres of silver.
     Naturally he had been right and one morning I glimpsed the two of them at the port, but I didn't have time to call the guards that they, with the help of some citizens who lived with them in Victoria, managed to vanish into thin air.
     On my way back North to Hammersgaard, I stopped at a town called Northern light bay-Kasra, so I decided to stop for a few days and have a look around.
I discovered that they were two neighboring cities, divided by high walls, but the port was that of Southern ligth, so I presented myself to the Scribes who assigned me lodgings,
I attended a few of their meetings in the large tea room on the terrace of the scribes' palace, but nothing important, another very closed and empty city.
      a few days later I decided to visit the city of Kasra. I went through the small door that led to their houses that I had never seen in any area of the planet, incomprehensible and funny houses, I approached the small square where some citizens were gathered including the Administrator and the Commander, a sour and mean woman, I he said clearly that I was not welcome, so I returned to Nothern, in the tavern they told me that my old companion Brjiana was a close friend of the Commander and she had just arrived to put up the newsstand of the newspaper, once mine, and I had not found any traces of Fahima I set out for Hammersgaard, to meet my friend Nani, but to my amazement they had all left for a new safer land and to rebuild their village,
    Winter was upon us and the snow would block everything, I decided to return to Cartassa, we disembarked at Brundi and with a caravan we first entered the Shendi forest and then the Thahari desert, and on the way we stopped at the city of Venna where still alive and working as a magistrate, I learned in Venna that Cartassa had been destroyed, I met Jinny the Scribe my old friend who after a few days left as Ambassador but never came back.....
    I often think of my Oasis where I left her heart and where one day I will join her, not before having found my brother Orlando, I promised it to my father on his deathbed ..
     darianelnairad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...