Monday 20 February 2023

JOURNEY IN THE SARDAR FOREST

 ( PRIEST KING )



   I had long wanted to return to the Sardar, after the pilgrimage when I was still twenty, hurried back to my scribe class in Olni.
  

Since I haven't had work lately, after leaving Venna, I reached the port of Brundisium and took a ship to sail up the Wosk river, I wanted to return to Port Olni for a long time, I hadn't been there, I wanted to review the places of my first years of study and work .
   

 The first city you meet going up the river Olni and Sais. I had been there with Brjiana for my Gazette of Moon newspaper. but the people were all far away I don't know why and the city was deserted.
 

  I continued to port Olni, the great port and the great city with the camp of the Tukhucs on an island outside the walls, I knew that camp there lived Kara-Serin the woman I courted.
   

 I arrived in the afternoon, I climbed the great staircase that leads to the gates, I rang and Lady Lucy herself came to open the door for me, we talked between one gate and another, then she invited me to the tavern to drink a Blackwine and talk about the old days, she told me citizenship papers in case I want to stay and live with them.
   
 I left the city after having visited it, to remember the old places and my old house now inhabited by a tribe escaped from the fall of their village, and continued taking the derivation of the river Thentis until I reached the city. I was counting on meeting Lady Monica, or Sir Knight, but they too were far away I don't know where the guards had orders not to reveal their destination, and after loading water and food, we continued to the mouth of the river, then continued on foot towards the Sanctuary, I wanted to visit it again, and continue east towards the Pani village, they had invited me after reading my article dedicated to them in the newspaper.
   
 Everything seemed to go according to our forecasts, when the sky darkened, lightning on the horizon illuminated the sky, thunder seemed to wail in the distance, the further we went on the worse the weather became, rain, wind and everything became dark, the Merchant Warriors and Slaves of the caravan found refuge in some caves, previously seen on the side of a mountain.
 
  It was certainly not a storm that could stop me, I kept walking until I lost the path wandering aimlessly, after a few hours when by now I thought I wouldn't get out of that hell alive, I glimpsed a cave hidden among tall bushes, and I decided to enter rest and dry off a bit.
    

 Although the entrance was small, the cave became a cave with tunnels and paths, I thought it was an abandoned mine, but when I arrived in a large cave, I realized that I was experiencing what for many on the planet they thought was a legend, i.e. I had arrived in the center of the Sardar, between stone columns the large stone of the house turned without having any foothold sending a blinding emerald light while on the sides many sharp crystals came out of the ground. on the walls screens with thousands and thousands of lights that move, and at the feet type of boxes with lots of lights and clocks.
 

  I could not believe my eyes, I continued passing into the next cave, I found myself in a large room with stairs and many indescribable things and on the right, furniture and tables, I turned my gaze and a huge animal like a gigantic insect with four legs and two arms with hands coming out of its belly, I had seen those huge insects, in some drawings on ancient parchments, I was terrified, the animal didn't speak but transmitted the words to my brain.
   
 He told me that he was the only survivor after the mother for power had killed all her children, starving too, he was the only survivor living here directing life on the planet and planning the present and the future, he also told me that the recently very populated planet was sometimes difficult to manage, I show myself on a screen where the caravan was, telling me now go and never come back.
     

 A unique experience, I had met a Priest king .. but I would not have told anyone the place of the meeting depended on my life and on all those who arrived here.
 

 I decided to write it because my job as a reporter requires me to.
  I will always carry the memory of that day..
 

darianelnairad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...