Sunday 6 August 2023

ELECTION OF NEW REGGENT IN GEELA


   Returning from my short trip to Hammersgaard. The Viking village where I have a house and where I often go back to write or rest, getting off the ship I saw many people gathered in the square in front of the port, I recognized Sir Jovan, Lady Skyler, Lady Joy and other citizens with many slaves kneeling around a cage. As I got closer I glimpsed free woman's clothes in the cage but I still couldn't recognize who it was, until I recognized Lady Dawn 

imprisoned, I arrived just in time for the reading of the sentence that the Magistrate Lady Joy had decreed for her, a rather bizarre sentence since it was fruit damaged, but I did not want to intervene as head of the caste of scribes I could very well appeal the sentence and re-trial, but I limited myself to asking what transgression he had done to deserve a summary trial without even a lawyer, they told me that Lady Dawn went around naked dancing in the city, a serious fault that I would have punished with a lashes but it would be better this way not to damage the beautiful woman's skin.
  
    All finished I went to my office just as a slave was running after me with a parchment inviting me to the great theater for a meeting of caste and citizens, I left my belongings, changed my clothes and walked towards the great theatre which I still hadn't seen it except from afar, since it was attached to the building, and I had seen it from the windows. It wasn't easy to find the way to get in but in the end I succeeded,

 many were already seated, others like me were arriving, some from the entrance, some from the sky who fell from the Tarn, in the city we have some trained ones and everyone can fly over and admire the view . I sat down with Sir Jovan and Lady Sky, while the others arranged themselves around the semicircle of the theatre.

      When no one was arriving anymore, Sir Steve welcomed us on behalf of the city and gave the floor to Lady Sky for an important communication, she stood up and visibly moved first I thanked everyone then in a serious and sad tone she read a parchment that she had taken by his belt, I begin the reading with a trembling but sure voice, he said that Father L'ubar of Geela was now reported missing, surely dead in the sea of Thassa, and after so many months of searching by the warriors with ships, they suspended them and returned to Geela.

    A very sad thing even if I didn't know that man except for his fame, I was sorry and moved and worried at the same time, the absence of the Ubar could mean a revolt or a coup by some evil intention, she she also said that until she had found a protector and a company, she could not administer the city and proposed the name of sir JUovan to become Ubar, even if in times of peace there is no figure of the Ubar in the cities, and Sir Franken brought it up with me, at this point it was decided to proceed with the voting, but Jovan was 

 unanimously elected, I who am a man of the law explained that it could not be Ubar but Regent in office, Lady Sky is the rightful heir to the throne, so everyone was happy and there was a long applause directed at Jovan the new Regent, I also told him that the new job of regent contrasts with that of head of the slaver caste and that soon a new slaver would arrive.

    All up in joy, lady dara as usual with her many ideas I explain to lady Sky some new proposals to be implemented for the entertainment of citizens, we will keep you informed in the next few days.
orlandodarianarliss-editor

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...