Tuesday 9 August 2022

PORT VICTORIA



     The city wakes up early in the morning, from my room at Lady Jasmine's Inn, I was awakened by the shouting of the dockers and the first patrons of the morning, who stop at the tables before going to their work, they are not there yet women around surely come out after taking care of the children and the partner, I get up and go downstairs, some slaves are already fumbling in the kitchen and the smell of Blackwine hangs in the air.
 
  Early morning greetings are more like grunts than incomprehensible words.
After having drunk my Blackwine, I go out and look at the clear sky, some Volos flutter happily on the roofs of the houses and the bells of the ships at anchor mingle with the noise of the port, wagons full of barrels. merchants waiting their turn and some warriors who stand guard at the columns.
 
I head to the stairs that lead to the upper floor of the city, I hate the noise, yesterday I discovered a beautiful place just above the stairs, beyond the large gate to the right there is a large terrace with many tables, perhaps another large Inn or a Tea room, but I'm not sure .. I just know that I often sit quietly waiting for Lady Sierra to come too to get her Blackwine.
  
 I have a certain admiration for that woman who is facing alone the disappearance of the children that her partner has taken away, the children would be indispensable to be able to practice their profession as a Pysichian, you know well that the law of the planet obliges women healers to have at least two children, certainly a bizarre law that has been handed down for centuries, and we certainly won't be the ones to change it.
 
  Lady Sierra during an interview confessed to me that she privately she is studying to become a Scribe, she does not need to have children, I who have had classes for Scribe apprentices told him that if she needs her I can help her study.
   Now I'm here, waiting, certainly not that I'm sure it will come but I hope so, ever since I lost SHayla who disappeared who knows where, I was left alone without even a slave, and having a woman to talk to and discuss is always nice.
     I have to decide sooner or later, I have to find the palace of the Scribes and talk to the head of the Caste, to have an office job, I have seen some Scribes and Magistrates around, but the city is in great expansion and the Scribes always serve , I know it well.
 
 While I was sitting this morning in the usual place on the terrace enjoying my good Blackwine made with the beans of Thentis, my old city where I was Magistrate, and where I met Shayla the sister of the healer companion of Lady Monica the Tatrix of the city, who with Sir Ray Lobo they administer it, to tell the truth we did not remain on good terms because Shayla was promised to the Commander of the Guards by her brother, but she fell in love with me and followed me to the oasis even against my will, I told him many times I do not want to create enemies in your city but she fell in love, then given my indifference she thought it best to return to Thentis, at least so I think because once in the Port of the city of Victoria I left her for a short time and did not find her more.
 
  Now that the sun is high in the clear blue sky I believe that Lady Sierra will no longer come for her Blackwine, so I decide to return to the port maybe I can meet some merchants, I still have the ship full of Cos wine, I can make some good business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...