Monday 1 August 2022

SHAYLA.....ESCAPES FROM THENTIS


After the departure of Bryjana, for her adventure in the mines in search of Opals, I decided to leave the Oasis, with my ship I reached the port of ShipRock in the province of Shendi, and from there I would continue on foot to the Oasis of Cartassa where before the adventure with Bryjana I had been a Magistrate, hoping to get my job and a decent home back.

 
After a few weeks of walking in the desert, we crossed the great Vosk River to go up the delta first of the Olni River, then of the Thentis River. Finally reached the great city of Thentis, I noticed that nothing had changed and that now Lady Monica. she relied completely on her Administrator of the city, an old acquaintance of mine, we had never had a good relationship, when there was the opportunity, he was the grandson of the administrator of Cartassa ..
The return to the oasis of Cartassa was not exactly happy, the journey had been quite tiring and with many dangers, bands of disbanded Bedouins raided the caravans, but we managed to stealthily reach the oasis  with a long way into the desert.

    After the first days in the city, I no longer felt at ease, even Bryjana had reached Cartassa to inspect an Opal mine and had founded her own small Oasis nearby, don't can live  with her near me, so I decided to resume the journey towards the North-East, to reach the city ​​of Olni and from there I continued towards the city of Thentis, some merchants had told me that they had no Magistrate and sometimes they called him from nearby Sais.


   Crossing the second gate I ran into two citizens of the Green caste, a man and a woman, who introduced themselves and told me they were brother and sister, the girl told me her name was Shayla and was assistant to her brother and apprentice healer, she who came from the great North, she had already been Scribe completing her studies on Campus, but who wanted to pursue a career as a doctor, she wanted to help the population.
       There was an attraction between us immediately, I felt that that woman could have been my partner, but the Commander of the guards had already set his sights on her and her brother was not at all sorry, she as you know asked me to help her, not he wanted that man of arms as his companion, but he would have preferred someone of high caste like me, a Prince from the South.

   I felt proud of that somewhat unexpected request, and at the same time I did not want to make enemy a warrior who could have stabbed me in the dark of the night in some street, even the brother I seem hesitant did not want to lose his assistant or his apprentice, because he knew that I was constantly traveling without having a destination.

    Now nothing could stand between our love, which suddenly blossomed, I loved that little woman from the North, she too confesses to love me, and we decided that I would go to her brother to ask him permission to court her, but an unexpected event  was happened. I proposed to shayla to visit the house I had chosen to live together, but everyone knows that if a free woman enters a man's house she is compromised and could be arrested and enslaved, the brother and the warrior were already discussing what to do, she sent me a message explaining what was happening, so risked everything for everything , I kidnapped little Shayla and we secretly left for the river where my ship was waiting for us, and after many days of travel in the Vosk river and the Thassa sea, arrived to what was my Oasis of the Seven Palms.

   She very happy said that she would live forever with me, and begin to furnish the building according to her tastes, we are happy in the Oasis people love us ....


... continue


No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...