Sunday 7 August 2022

THE KIDNAPPING OF SHAYLA
 
 

PORT VICTORIA

After the renovation of the building, Shayla had wanted to furnish everything according to her tastes, personalizing it, I limited myself to indulging her even though she was of few words, meanwhile another message of threats was sent to us at the Oasis by a passing merchant.
 

   Now I'm sitting here waiting for some news to help me find it. maybe she will settle here for a while .. let's see
 

   As usual, the brother did not want to resign himself to the loss of his pupil Pysichian as well as his sister, Monica meanwhile her companion too with the new administrator Sir ray, whom I had met in Cartassa as the niece of Lady Safina, they let me know that only for the fact that Shayla had followed me to the oasis without my having forced her, indeed she often said that they forced her to stay in the city and that soon she would go as a companion to a warrior friend of her brother.
   I certainly did not worry about a Doctor who threatened me in my life I have known many people some good and many bad so one more did not count.
     While we were at the Oasis I realized that she was not happy, she missed her brother and he missed his life as an apprentice Pysichian, I saw her sadness in her eyes, but by now she was with me and said she would follow me all the way. 'hell.
 

   One day we received an invitation from a big city called Port Victoria, a city not very far from Thentis, where Shayla lived with her brother and where I had worked as a magistrate and had a class for Scribe apprentices, so I decided to face a new long travel to reach the vosk river, then go up the Olni river to Victoria.
     After a relatively peaceful journey, we only spent some time in the Gulf of Thassa, then we went up the Vosk river with tranquility pushed by the west wind.
   We reached the port one late afternoon we got ready and went down to the quay with some trusted guards, we arrived in the port square where there is a large and elegant Inn, many people crowded the quay at that hour, many tables were occupied, we sat down at a corner where the cool wind reached us, sitting waiting to be served, I realized that I had forgotten my bag with the plates, and cooper, so I told Shayla to expect I would get on the ship and be back as soon as possible.
  
  On the deck of the ship a merchant was waiting for me for some business, after having listened to him I agreed on what to do, and took my bag I returned to the dock, but to my amazement I saw the empty table and the guards intent on arguing with the commander of the city, I asked Shayla then but no one had noticed her and no one had seen anything.
    I began the search through the streets of the old city, then went up to the palaces of the Caste to the homes of the lords, but nothing
    I spent the night on the pier waiting for some news from the guards but nothing, and I'm still here in the city hoping for her return, now the chances are few and a doubt assails me, maybe the brother who knew of our arrival had come to kidnap her and take it away with you.
 I sent a message to her brother saying that Shayla had disappeared and since he was her protector it was her job to find her, but no answer has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...