Tuesday 8 November 2022

ESCAPE FROM KASRA

ARRIVO AD HAMMERSGAARD


I never wanted to write anything like this, but the events that happened after the wedding convinced me to leave the city and the island.
   Despite all my good intentions, and after offering to work for them, putting all my experience into practice, I realized that many citizens evaded my company, except Sir Aroon and lately Lady Joy the Magistrate, who despite the suspicion Initial at the end we were able to explain ourselves by telling us about our adventures in the same cities, the Planet even if big in the end is small and sooner or later we meet again.
   I was saying that I still didn't understand that they use a rather bizarre method of experiencing the island. dividing the various parts, in Northerm, in Kastra and in a village of Senzanome. naturally the land being Raid had its own way of operating, and all or almost all were women except a few men who I did not have time to know, if not only by sight or in the great tea room, which they insist on calling Taverna, without even a slave to serve at the table, but with Lady Anna who often danced in the center of the large table surrounded by chairs.
   Lady Alice had assigned me a house at the end of the road near the tavern, one day as I was going out, to my left not far away embedded in the boundary wall, I saw a door with the writing Kasra, this I became curious and decided to take a walk outside the walls, even if I still did not know the city well, there was the risk of being attacked by some Raider, but without fear I passed that door, I found myself in a different reality, with houses with an unusual shape that I did not know on the planet, they seemed so many small castles with spire roofs, with bright colors. I walk among those strange houses until I came out in a small square where sitting in a circle around the big fire were sitting some women and a man who I recognized in Sir Balrogh, I think it was the Ubar of Northerm, but I'm not sure, but I had already seen sitting in the tavern with his slave Masha, not far away on a bench sat Sir Aaron, the gentleman thief with whom I had already spoken before, I sat with him trying not to disturb but greeting everyone in a whisper, I was looking at me around and trying to understand how those houses were made, (I remember vaguely resembling the castles of fairy tales).
    While I was there quiet without even listening to what they said.
a woman with a menacing appearance came towards me (I would have known after she was Kasra's tatrix), and in a brusque way and without the slightest kindness and respect towards a high caste man like she told me. Here we are in the city of Kasra, and the citizens of Northem are not welcome, I was also stunned because Aaron was also a guest, to my question of why, she said in a threatening tone: I am the Tatrix and you are not welcome .
   

   Well I wrote these few lines while I was preparing my luggage to leave, I will go even further north to Hammersgaard, perhaps I will stop at my good friend Nani the panther, who has become a tavernkeeper, even if soon the snow will submerge everything there too, while the people it will close in the great Hall to spend the winter eating and drinking, in the company of slaves and dancers and the warriors will tell their stories of conquests and travels.
 

  Such a thing has never happened to me, everywhere I go everyone welcomes me with respect and friendship this woman instead was treating me as a stranger, however I returned to my city and in the tavern I met Lady Joy the Magistrate, who asking for explanations told me that sometimes women behave like this with men in the cities where they raid, I would later know that Brjiana, my ex-partner with whom we shared the bed and the newspaper, had arrived in the city and of course where she arrives many become hostile to me. but I'm going straight on my way I don't know fear and it certainly won't be a woman to scare me.   Well I wrote these few lines while I was preparing my luggage to leave, I will go even further north to Hammersgaard, perhaps I will stop at my good friend Nani the panther, who has become a tavernkeeper, even if soon the snow will submerge everything there too, while the people it will close in the great Hall to spend the winter eating and drinking, in the company of slaves and dancers and the warriors will tell their stories of conquests and travels.

darianarliss

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...