Monday 14 November 2022

RETURN TO THE OASIS



What can I say, here I am finally back to my oasis, and I don't think I will leave again, too many disappointments, too many missed expectations, and nothing of my dreams has come true.
   During my travels I have visited many cities, it would be impossible to list them all, villages in the north where the snow is already starting to whiten the mountains, the Vikings return from their businesses in the south. And happy women are there on the docks of their ports.
 

  The last few times have been very hard and they have tried me more than necessary, since I left with Brjiana, the woman who took everything from me and left me for her adventure in the Opal mines, not renewing our company contract since then. I had other adventures, starting from the oasis of Cartassa, where Safina had preferred to trust Brjiana, so I was forced to leave for the north.
Crossed the great Vosk river, I went up the Olni river to the city, if you remember them I had known Kara-Serin la Tuchuk becoming my promise. But she preferred her farm in the hills to our meetings of acquaintance.
   When I arrived at the city of Olni at the port, a guard I knew told me that there would soon be a trial against Kara-serin, the slaver had denounced her saying that he was being harassed by her.
 I witnessed the trial ended with the acquittal of Kara, a few days later I left again going up the Olni river, up to the derivation of the Thentis river, stopping in the city of Sais, I had already been for some time and still some friends including Sir Nicholas.
   After a few days I resumed the port I was told of a new big city of Victoria, look for Scribe they told me so I decided to stop to watch the show, I was amazed by the beauty of the journey, of the many citizens who crowded the square of the port, and the surrounding streets, I decided to ask for a job and stop for some time.
 

  It was not a good idea, so from that moment my troubles began, buying the slave Fahima from the player Timmer, whom he himself had kidnapped, in the fall of the city, I remember that we were camped in the forest and she disappeared, kidnapped by a slaveholder for Timmer's account, despite having taken my two Cooper Tarsk, in the meantime almost all the population, left to populate the city of Nykus born from the ruins of Leisure is rebuilt for the umpteenth time.
   It was not difficult for me to be welcomed and have a job, for which they were the same as Victoria and Sir Amir I reconfirmed the job as Scribe.
  It was there that after Mesists organized some Kajires dance competitions, I do not like those events but one evening some decided slaves, assist in my amazement to see that in the meantime my slave Fahima had become a musician and was playing music for the dances , I looked around and caught the eye of Timmer the player who also attended a game of Zar.I asked him to come up and he said: I will never give you my Fahima back. And so not even the time to call the guards to arrest him, he and his slave disappeared again.
 
CITTA' DI VENNA
   I was very upset I could not take revenge on that man, and I realized that he too was well known, so I decided to leave again and go north to meet my mother Lady BB arliss. And after some time we stopped at the town of Northerm ligth bay, bordering the town of Kasra and the forest of the slavers, a tribe of women, often went down to town, and I met Lady Joy, I think she was in charge of the caste, or something. such.
    It took me enough time to meet a responsible for the Scribes so that I could entrust him with the application for admission, and I waited for the answer for days and days, luckily they gave me a house down the road immediately to the left of the tavern at least I could stay warm too. if the house was nothing more than a small, sparse room, I would have put the Kailla in my oasis.
     The days passed but no one called me, on the contrary I met in the afternoon in the tavern l'ubar libere with his slave and some including Lady Anna who often danced in the center, sir Aaron, sir Ben the magistrate of kasra, with his strange white dress and his staff,
that then I had a quarrel with Lady Nadja you know and that was the reason that convinced me to return to my Oasis of the seven palms now the snow in the north covered the mountains and I prefer the desert sun.
I had arrived a few days ago and I did the office things. And I started my usual life again.
   One day a pirate ship arrived from the North, and the captain told me about a great city that I did not yet know, curiosity prompted me to prepare a trip to visit it and one morning we left.

darianarliss

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...