Wednesday 15 May 2024

 


 


NEW EXHIBITION IN SERENA (09-11-2024)

       Grand opening yesterday of the exhibition of paintings by the artist Zia Branner,
the event with the inauguration in the presence of Vita Theas, of Bella Allure, the two managers of Serena's Art Center, with the artist present.
   The paintings are exhibited in three different locations, all with glass and the works in bright colours, with some landscapes, many flowers and many colored figures which remind us of the informal paintings of the 70s but for the better with outlined figures and complex shapes, his flowers are red like roses, and they don't leave you indifferent while you look at them.

BIOGRAPHY ZIA BRANNER

The quote 'Art is rebellion against the finiteness of life' fits me perfectly.
I recognize that rebelliousness in the fact that everything is transient, and in that sense painting is a kind of clinging to life. Like most people, I regularly think about all kinds of life issues. I collect special words from all kinds of languages ​​about this. They inspire me for a painting.
It also works the other way around: sometimes I paint on intuition and sometimes I have to paint through something that is constantly in my head. Then I find a word that fits.

I get inspiration from everywhere: from nature, from structures, in museums and from other painters from the past and present. I prefer to paint abstract and abstract landscapes and seascapes. With an occasional trip to figurative work. When choosing color and when making the composition, I mainly work on my feelings.

Painting is also a way for me to deal with the everydayness of existence. To literally and figuratively add color to the day. Something we can all use.
If a work of mine gives color to someone else's life, I consider that a great compliment.

If you are interested in my art you are kindly invited to visit my art gallery/shop at:

Elven Falls Art Collective:
􀀀

The Galleries (artist in residence):
􀀂

Emergent:
􀀁

Enjoy!

'The Earth without 'art' is just 'eh'... "

P.S.: I also exhibit RL. Several shows coming up in 2024!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...