Monday 27 May 2024

 RETURN TO THE CITY OF TURMUS



        While I was at the Tashid oasis I received the news of some problems in the city of Var,


     I was very worried about the fate of the slave Raffi, she was the only one in that city who had taken care of me and helped me during my stay. I asked the merchant of the caravan who had given me the news where they had been exiled, he told me that they had certainly been welcomed in the city of Turmus, a flash illuminated my mind, I remember I had been in that city many years ago, I was still young, and I was a Magistrate under the management of the Ubara lady Trinker, at the time I remember not many ships stopped in that port, it was off the trade routes and the city was slowly being emptied of its population who preferred to go to richer places to live comfortably.

Master sir Ember

     I decided to leave for Turmus, I prepared my things and with a caravan I reached Shendi, where at the new port of Korat I would certainly find a ship for the island, after a few days stopped in that port I finally found a ship, it would take me on board not before making its stops along the coast, from Bazi to Brundisium, then finally to Turmus.

 I arrived at the port, with curiosity, they had told me that many things had changed, the old Ubara had left when the city was semi-destroyed, and now rebuilt by Lady Sella, I don't remember ever having met her in my travels, but luck would have it that while from the port up the road that leads to the large entrance gate I met the Kajira raffi, when she saw me her eyes lit up and she told me in a low voice that her master Sir Ermes had changed his name as he had changed the city, and now her name is Rose, a beautiful floral name like her, I accompanied myself to the Inn where I sat on the soft cushions, she served me some good black wine and an unknown but beautiful and sensual Kajira danced on the small floor.

 

   We waited until a guard notified us that the Ubara would receive me, and with Rose's help I reached the garden on the upper level where his palace overlooks, when I gave him my credentials she was very happy to have me with them, I proposed to her the possibility of putting a newsstand of the Gazette of Gor in the port, she was very enthusiastic, she asked me how long I would stay in the city and I told her that honestly after so much travel I would need a little time to reorganize my ideas and I told him I would like to stop here with you for some time, looking for something that I am missing in my hectic life of travel and adventures, to find a companion and a slave. She told me that I could settle down, take my bags and look for her again to have the keys to the city and an office for me, so I thanked her and asked Rose to speak to her master, the first step was done.

 

       The second stop was to meet the private slaver Sir Ember, I asked him to buy a slave for my next home, but according to my instructions, he thought about it and promised me that he would get me the right girl.


    I returned to Lady Sella for the possibility of having the office for the Gazetta as I had proposed to her. She thought about it for a while, then I headed towards the porticoes overlooking the port, assigning me a small office with large windows overlooking the sea. and on the back square, very nice and airy and constantly in sight of what is happening in the port, the slaves brought the furniture with frames where I hung my Emir portrait and the sign of the Gazetta of Moons, then exhausted I sat down in style desk and fell asleep.


      I woke up early, I visited the city, a lot has changed but the large towers and the high walls are the same, today with the help of Rose the Kajira I will look for a house suitable for my caste and my rank... ..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...