Saturday 4 May 2024

 THE LEGEND OF ANAT.... THE LAST OF THE TURAKAM


...PART 1

.Many years ago, a small clan settled at the head of the Ax glacier. They called themselves the Turakama clan. They farmed the arid countryside and lived with the seasons. In the winter they lived from hunting and what they had produced during the summer months. In transition periods, if the Thassa was not blocked by ice, they went out to fish.

Their jarl was a young man, who had inherited this position from his father Jorg. Jorg had made room in the cycle of life for his grandchildren who saw the light shortly after his death.

The young jarl had adopted his father's views. All free people are equal. And no one is better without the other. The tasks of the village were divided among all the clan members and the young jarl also took his share. He did his job like everyone else.

In the night, just before the ice returned to Thassa, he had to hold it on the palisades. The moon was able to freely give the ax glacier a mystical appearance. The sky was almost cloudless. The young jarl looked out to sea during his walk. Tomorrow the men would go to Thassa, one last time, to catch fish for the winter. In few hands, the Thassa will be frozen for a long time, so that you can safely run on the ice

....

His gaze wandered over the landscape. When he slipped on the ax glacier. Had he seen something? Yes, there were some really dark spots moving quickly across the ice. Down the glacier towards... the village.

...

The Jarl ran straight towards the village bell. The shadow of the white ice was a bad omen. He reached the bells and hit her hard. Almost simultaneously with the assault of the men from the huts, the northern wooden stockade exploded. Tribes a foot thick and three men tall simply exploded, as if they were thin branches. The fragments of the palisade flew through the village and also met the approaching men.

...

Wulf was one of the first men to rush. Suddenly his body rises into the air into the moonlight. Blood appeared on his tunic, which she apparently had just put on, and it glowed black in the moonlight. Then his body was torn into 2 parts and between the parts that once symbolized a proud man, he now showed the face of enemies.

...

The beasts of the north. Kuri.


There must have been 10 or 12 who broke the fence. The men quickly scattered and attacked the monsters. The women had hidden their children in the houses and stood at the doors with weapons to defend their descendants.

But it was a massacre. I have seen men whose spines were simply broken. Which were simply divided into 2 parts. In the course of the battle, I had to see how one of the Kuri beheaded my wife.


Just as if she picked a raspberry from a bush.

At that moment I lost all my illusions. With a cry bordering on madness I threw myself onto the Kur.

...

He obliterated me and my attack just like that. As a Kaiila flies, it chases away with its tail. I flew through the air and then hit something hard. This impact knocked me unconscious and I fell into a black hole.


   When I woke up again I drove over a piece of my village's stockade somewhere on the Thassa.

...

I don't know how long I passed out or how far the current took me from my village.

...

I drove for 2 days on Thassa. I was ready to face my ancestors when a round ship discovered me. The dealer. who belonged to the ship had acted with the red hunters in the north and was now returning home before the Thassa froze

...

He took me aboard and let his ship's healer tend to my wound. When I had some strength, I had to tell him what was happening and how I got this strange floss. When he heard my story, he changed course and gave me a ride away from my village. He accompanied me with some of his men.

So I entered my village. The palisades were now broken in several places and the houses devastated. The bodies of men and women were scattered in the corners of the village. No body was really paying attention. The torn limbs were the least of the problems....

I ran towards what was once my home. I had to know what to do with the kids. But I would have preferred never to look.

...

The bodies of my two children lay lifeless in front of the hut. Its small heads had been crushed and dismantled by the Kuri's great paws.

Turakama is called honorable death. But where was the honor here?

...

With the help of Swigger, the merchant's name, and his men, we lit a bonfire and burned the corpses of my people. Swigger offered to hire me on his ship.

...

For me there was nothing keeping me here anymore. So I would be happy to accept his offer. I learned from Swigger the actions and business laws of the South. After a while Swigger accepted me as his son. Thus Nordmann Ana came to the southern caste of traders.

...


I am Anat, merchant and stormwind captain.

...

But I am also a son of the Jorg, jarl of the Turakama village, the last of his people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...