Sunday 19 March 2023

                                                     PORT KAR

               DANCE CARNIVAL

     After a long but overall peaceful journey, we finally arrived at the great city of Port Kar, the city of the Twelve Captains.
   
    In the early years of my career, after having studied as a Scribe, Magistrate, and Lawyer, starting from Port Onli, I reached that city on the lagoon infested by Urt and by Delinquents and Panthers roaming free in the streets, I embarked on a ship and going down the river Wosk, my destination was to be my island, in the Sea of 

      Thassa near the large island of Landa, with its large city with golden roofs, but a storm forced us to take refuge in the delta, first and in the safe port of Kar then, we stayed there for a few days to repair the sails and I was greeted with enthusiasm by the chief of the Scribes, he offered me the job of lawyer, nobody wanted to do it, because there were no people to defend, they were all Pirates and Criminals, the captains always traveling for their trades, and often for their wars, I remember that when they were at war with AR, they circumvented the laws that forbade trade with enemies, bringing merchandise to Brundisum, and from there the caravans to they went inland and then to AR.

     The city hasn't changed much, certainly now instead of the hovels of the past there are some modern buildings, built by good builders, in the stretch of water of the port where once the fishermen of Urt used the slaves as bait, now the people he loves to eat sea fish, so they adapted to fishing, I remember there was a Captain who loved to fish like me, and in the morning we went together to the last shack that overlooked the lagoon to fish from the high pier.

      The bridge that crossed the river with the big gate is no longer there, I remember that I often crossed it for my walks on the road to the mines, and where the village of the Panthers was on the hills, and it was on one of those walks that I met the queen of the Panthers, it was love at first sight, she took me to the village and taught me how to fight.
    
     But having no work I was forced to leave to reach the island of Leisure, with its beautiful city but that's another story.

I've seen familiar faces, I've lived in Thahari for years, even though my Oasis is always in the south but in Thassa, after a short stroll through the old streets looking for something familiar, I went to the great Arena to watch the show, had already started, but I found a seat next to an Elven woman named Lil Trouble, and to the left of the Ubara Madame Gyrè, (I hope I remember her name correctly) sitting on her throne, next to a Captain     I went back with memories, when I entered that port, the city was celebrating, for their carnival, I'm here for my newspaper and I want to document this great event that has reached the ends of the planet from North to South, up to the Thahari desert.
 
  I said the show had begun, I love watching the dances of the Kajire, the large audience formed by many men and women with their slaves, on the right side I recognize the Vizier El Taziz, I remember we attended the Scribe classes together, and many other spectators , to my surprise also a group of Kajiuris did their performance with very beautiful and colorful fans.

     in the end I said goodbye to lady Gyrè, and to all the others present, it was time to go back to the En-Kara fair, where I have the stand of the Gorean newspaper. ''Darian travels'', and I hope to be able to tell some more new adventures


darianelnairad(Arliss)







.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...