Tuesday 7 March 2023

THE SLAVE KITTEN(kitt)
  

 

 Today is the day of rest that the citizens observe, and I like many others have gone down to the city and after having drunk my usual Blackwine at the Inn in front of the big gate, I love sitting there, I like watching the people who come and go from the port and keep an eye out for some evil intentions.
  

  After drinking I returned to the palace of the scribes, I had benches put up so that visitors can sit waiting to be received, as I walk I can't help but observe the beauty of the new palaces and streets, built in a short time but very beautiful.
   

 I sat on one of those benches, on the sides of the staircase of the building and I watched, some Vulos were flying low stopping on the roofs, the sky and the shapes of the clouds draw strange shapes, and the imagination flies by giving a name to all those shapes, while I look in the sky a Tarn suddenly appears, there is a girl who rides him clearly dressed as a kajira of the desert, who approaches and stops her traveling animal right in the large square, and approaches looking around and admiring the palaces .
    

  The first thing I do is ask the slave her name, while she, seeing me, collapses to the ground kneeling like the Kajire know how to do, I look at her better and she is beautiful with clothes finished with white fabrics with golden lapels and accessories, around her neck a collar with many precious stones and her golden-blond hair, reminiscent of women of the North.
   

  She tells me her name is Kitten, but the Master called her Kitt, she is the builder father, who left far away when she was little, now that she is grown up she wanted to look for him but she was captured and sold to a kind and good Master fortunately, who knew that he was in In search of her parents she gave him freedom and a camel, when a visitor recognized her and told him that her father might be at the town of Klima, in the Thahari desert, so I set out on the long and perilous journey.       Once she arrived at the track that leads into the Thahari desert, she embarked on the journey with the camel, a long and difficult journey under the sun and with water now finished and without food. when I thought I was at the end, and I was waiting for my last breath, the caravan of a Sultan saved me, fed me and quenched my thirst with their most precious thing, that is water
   

  He was the great and mighty sultan of Klima, who treats me like a lady, taking me with him to his house and entrusting me with his administration, when he learned that I was capable of reading and writing and arithmetic, and welcomed me into the house of Marleus , also entrusting me with the supervision of the slaves, becoming the protegee of the great Pasha of Klima, but just when he was looking for the secret of the Thahari, we were attacked by the raiders, they killed both, the Sultan and the Pasha, and the city fell to the ground becoming sand .
   

 I left again on a camel, always looking for a new land and always hoping to meet my old Father, leaving the desert towards the Sea of Thassa, where I hoped to find a good teacher in a big city.
  

  I arrived here in Brundisium and I hope to be able to return as soon as I hear from my father, get on his tarm and fly away ........
darian el nairad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...