Wednesday 1 March 2023

 

THE RETURN OF LADY SABAYNA

     During my afternoon tour, before stopping for my usual Blackwine at the Inn, very close to the palace of the Scribes, I said, I went down the stairs that lead to the gate that overlooks the road that leads to the Thahari desert tracks, usually it was always crowded with merchants and pilgrims.
    

    I was intrigued by the approach of a caravan from the trail that comes from the Shendi region, a trail that avoids crossing the great forest infested by Panthers, Talunes, and Marauders.
    

 Among the many people who lined up approaching the Prundisium Gate, I saw in the distance a known person, a free woman who, with her retinue, proceeded quickly towards me, stopped just outside the large door.
     

SIERRA ROSE
   My astonishment was great when I recognized my old friend, not that adoptive mother of my promised companion Sierra, I'm talking about lady Sabayna, we were together in the city of Cartassa in the desert before it collapsed due to the malice of many citizens, then we met in the city of port Victoria, of course she a business woman who traded between the desert and the gitta, it was there that I met Sierra, who studied at Scribe and who was later adopted by lady Sabayna and her companion sir Youroki, editor of the newspaper of Gor, I met Youroki, when after the flood that destroyed the city of Svago, I took refuge in the large and rich city of Landa called '' the city of golden domes '' he was then the builder in the city, and we often met in the large square surrounded by columns, after the destruction by the Torvies with the help of the Panthers, we fled into the desert taking different routes, I took refuge in Cartassa, he thinks he was in Kasra for a period to then build a private Oasis, starting his life as a journalist and Publisher.
    

    In Cartassa I met Lady Sabayna for the first time, the fact that she had very dark skin like that of Youroki, certainly a tribe far to the south of the planet, was something special and new to me.
   

    We were happy with the meeting after a long time, she gave me news of her adopted daughter Sierra, she had had a job as a scribe in a new city in the desert, but soon or at least I hope she will come to see me.

    I guided her to the Inn, where she has a table with chairs outside, I offered her a tea drink while I had my usual Blackwine, the slave Thascia, she was happy to serve us with true professionalism, and while Sabayna and I were talking I found out that the beautiful little Kajira, she was also a slave Istruitas master of the second knowledge, and worked in the office and had worked with a Scribe, I proposed him to help me in the translation of scrolls with different dialects in my articles in the newspaper..but his Master will decide.
   

    We talked for a long time with Lady Sabayna about the past of our friendship, their Oasis in the desert and that I would always be welcome, and I accepted with pleasure, I had promised many times to visit them, despite comrade Youroki, and always skeptical in entrusting me his adopted daughter Sierrarose.
      

    We talked so much that it was evening, without realizing the time spent chatting, we said goodbye with the promise that she would return, and that we would meet again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...