Wednesday 28 June 2023

ARRIVAL IN PORT GEELA

 

      Leaving from Telnus where I had met the writer Ranna, we traveled aimlessly in the thassa, a sailor told me about a remote island with a city called Geela, I was very intrigued and asked the ship's commander if we could scour that stretch of sea to spot that little lost island.
    We wandered around for a few days in search of the city and finally we sighted an island that didn't appear on any map, I told the commander, maybe we are there and ordered us to approach, always keeping the unknown area under control.

    Rounding the promontory we saw a small port with a few ships, and I said to dock, we could see from the quay some high fortified walls with a large gate, I got ready and went ashore with some guards. Arrived at the guard post, after having inspected and checked the documents, the captain accompanied me to Ubar sir Jovan, we found him in the large square overlooked by many shops, a large tavern and behind the majestic palaces stands the caste tower, even if the castes have representative offices in the city.
     Sir Jovan was with Lady Sky and some kajires sliding on their knees near the masters. I introduced myself as sir Orlando Arliss, Scribe, Magistrate, lawyer and editor of the newspaper '' darian travels'' they kindly welcomed me by offering me work, there was so much to do, they were reorganizing the city and they needed people with experience.


     I told him about the newspaper and the idea of creating a new one, he told me that there was already a branch of a newspaper, when he told me the name, Gorean moon I was dumbfounded, that was my old newspaper that I had left in the hands of a woman who had betrayed me for no reason to collect Opals in the mines, but it doesn't matter I said we'll do ours, they do theirs.

     After assigning me an apartment at the top of the big tower . I made an appointment with sir Jovan to define the contract as head of the Scribe caste, and as editor of the new newspaper ...gorean-gazette geena city-

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Geela Island is a hospitable island in middle Thassa. The main town of the island is characterized by several inns, bakeries and small shops in the lower town. The upper town looks like a castle, and the infirmary is also located here.

The small two-storey stone building contains the infirmary on the ground floor, while the upper floor has a living room for the physician. Inside, A hall welcomes the visitor; it serves as a waiting room and provides access to the individual rooms, the office, the exam room for the free and the patient room. The morgue is located in the rear part of the building, away from public traffic. The room for the slave exams is located in a low annex to the left of the entrance and is thus also separated from the areas used by free citizens. The walls are painted in a warm shade of green. The wooden floorboards also contribute to the warm and friendly overall impression.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    I remind you that there is recruitment and all those who feel like real Goreans and who are not looking for personal advantages but who want to take part in living the city are welcome ... anyone who wants to contact Sir Jovan or lady Sky, you will be welcome





orlandoarlisseditor

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 THE TRUE STORY OF THE EMIR Part 1 My name is Orlando, of the el Nairad family, our millenary lineage lived as nomads in the desert for cent...